I wonâ€™t waste your time explaining why you and your business should be digital these days. If you are reading this, means you already know it. But just being present in the digital world is not enough. With rapid growth of the amount and quality of online content produced by users, influencers, and brands, you need something to stand out. Something that will show your product, tell its story, catch attention, evoke interest, and result in action. Thatâ€™s what video does, so make sure you include video in your content strategy. Hereâ€™s why you should do it.
1. Market leaders use video. Looking up to the greatest is nothing graceless. Thereâ€™s a reason why McDonaldâ€™s, Nike and Apple became everyday essentials for millions of people, doubling and tripling sales from year to year, so why not learn from them? And all of them keep stepping up their digital content game. 2 out of 3 posts in McDonald’s Instagram feed are videos. Some of them are simple gifs or boomerangs, some are more complicated commercial-like videos. Nike: out of 50 latest posts 10 are still images, the rest are videos.
This is because they are aware of the following statistics.
2. We watch before we shop. According to ThinkWithGoogle, almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. Mobile has changed the way we shop, and brands now have to be prepared to meet the customer on his consumer decision journey which now in most of the cases starts online.
3. Videos inspire. 90% of smartphone users are not absolutely sure of the specific brand they want to buy when they start shopping. Thus, to be considered you have to be there not only when people are searching for your brand, but also when they are looking for inspiration and ideas. Creating video content for mobile that inspires and provides useful information is key to engaging shoppers on this early stage. If youâ€™re selling hair care products you can make a video “how to make a bob with long hair” or “5 ways to upgrade your ponytail”. A customer can find out about your brand simply by watching how-to videos on Youtube or Facebook.
4. Videos get shared. And gets comments, i. e. engages. Video is shared 12x more than both links and text combined. From statistics to the real example: one of our first clients was food company Orgran. They have 21k followers on Facebook and their posts with images get on average 2 to 4 shares with 5 to 10 comments. The first cooking video with recipe using their product that we created for them generated 122 shares and 504 comments, the second one 64 shares and 110 comments, the third 112 shares and 470 comments. The difference is evident, and the connection is simple: videos get more shares, your brand gets more exposure.
5. More than a half of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Return on Investment). Itâ€™s fairly the most important measurement for advertisers because it shows the real effect on your financial gains â€“ how much this particular video contributed to your business growth.
Lastly, nearly a half of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year. Are you among them?
Thank you for reading this post, and please let us know what you think below. If you want us to help you develop a content strategy, contact us here.