What is Amazon Sponsored Brands Video?
Amazon Sponsored Brands Videos appear in the desktop and mobile shopping results and help customers discover your brand and products as they shop on Amazon. Ads are keyword targeted, cost-per-click, and link customers directly to the product detail page where they can learn more and purchase.
Here are examples of how they show on mobile and desktop:
Why you need to use Amazon Sponsored Brands Video
for your product
Most likely you already know how extremely hard it is to make your product stand out from the dozens of other simple product images on white background. Sponsored Brands Videos reach customers in their research phase and instantly grab shoppers’ attention while they browse search results, making this new ad format a great tactic to increase clickthrough rate and conversions.
How can you make the best out of Amazon Sponsored Brands Video?
To maximize your conversion rate, we (and Amazon) recommend you keep in mind the following best practices:
- Focus on your product. Videos that show the product within the first second typically perform better than those that don’t.
- Keep it short. Even though your sponsored brands video can be up to 45 seconds in length, data shows 15-30 seconds is the optimal video length that allows you to get your message across and ensures laser focus on your main selling point.
- Don’t rely on audio. By default, the video always plays without sound unless the person enables the sound by tapping the mute button, so opt for on-screen text titles instead of voice-over.
- Optimize titles. To ensure text can be easily read on smaller screen devices choose bolder and bigger fonts.
Before you upload the video, make sure it meets Amazon requirements:
- Video duration has to be between 6 and 45 second
- Supported video dimensions are 1920 x 1080px, 1280 x 720px or 3840 x 2160px
- File size has to be smaller than 500MB
- The file format has to be .MP4 or .MOV
- The aspect ratio is 16:9
Here’s an example of a video we made that meets all Amazon requirements: